In some ways it is hard to believe that I am really going back to Afghanistan. It felt so good and right to be home with my family. I’m sure the reality of returning will hit me once I get to the dust of Kuwait and they give me back my body armor and send me to sleep in a tent. The good news in all of this is that the journey is on its last leg. Nearly a year ago I left home and now I only have a few more months until, as Eden would say, “daddy comes home forever.”
So although today is a sad day, it is also a happy day as it marks the beginning of the end of the journey. To my family today, I want you to know how much I love you and miss you. Smile and be happy. Remember that today was the last goodbye of this 452 day adventure. I will see you all soon!


5 comments:
I'm so grateful this is your last good-bye to your family! It was wonderful to see you all together on Saturday. You have such a beautiful family and I know you've all become even dearer to each other because of this experience. May Heavenly Father watch over you (I know He does) and speed your return! We love you all.
You have always had such a positive attitude and always see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sue and you are lucky to have each other, salt of the earth!
What a wonderful time for you and the kids to come to the school. It will be an impression they will always remember. Thanks Justin for serving for all of us.
What a nice blog. That is a sweet picture of Abbie. Ellie looks so happy. We sure did enjoy seeing and being with you while you were home. Thank you for including us. I love you.
Love, Mom
Hey Justin! Just wanted to say hello and tell you congratulations on serving for this long! I think its safe to say we are all anxious for you to be "home forever!" Keep it up buddy and stay safe!
Steves'
Post a Comment