I’ve flown from...
Utah to San Diego
San Diego to Kansas
Kansas to Salt Lake and back again (three times)
Kansas to Kabul
Kabul to Salt Lake (and back again for leave)
Herat to Bagram, Bagram to Kabul, Kabul to Kandahar, Farah to Herat, and any other combination of Afghan cities you can think of.
All in all, I’m sure I’ve circled this crazy world of ours a few times by now. It’s been a fun ride. I’ve seen a lot of new places and met a lot of new people. I’ve flown on American, Canadian, Italian, Spanish, German, and now Sweedish aircraft. I’ve touched down in Kuwait, Germany, Ireland, Kyrgystan, and of course Afghanistan. It has been quite an adventure.
The best news of all is that this will be the last addition to my frequent flier account until I embark on my final journey--the journey back home. And if you hadn’t heard, it looks like this trip home will arrive just a little sooner than originally anticipated. If all goes as planned, I should be back with Sue and the kids by the last week of July!










10 comments:
Wow, you are quite the world traveler! I'm very happy, though, that this is your next to last flight. See you next month! (I love saying that!)
Good thing you don't get air sick. :) Let's hope everything goes as planned.
I was hoping that you get air miles.
I knew that there was going to be some silver lining the cloud that took you away from your family!
You are looking great! Can't wait to see you in July. Be safe. I love you.
Love, Mom
Hi Justin...from St. George. Looks like you had a great trip. The pictures are awesome. We look forward to having you home!
Love,
Dad
Hi
I love you.
Love, Mom
Have a good and safe day. I love you.
Love, Mom
Kansas! Woo!
I also think that it's fun to keep track of your mileage, even if you don't get frequent flier miles. I added up my miles since I've been commuting and I've driven around the world almost 8 times. I also feel like a world traveler, except that I haven't been to all of the exotic places you have been too...
Post a Comment