For meritorious service while deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom as a physician mentor. He led the development of the first regional medical headquarters and regional medic training programs, mentored Afghan medical personnel and coordinated Afghan forces medical humanitarian projects. These accomplishments significantly increased the capability of the Afghan National Police and the emergence of a more capable and effective life saving force. His performance of duty in a combat zone reflects great credit upon himself, the Combined Joint Task Force Phoenix, the United States Central Command and the United States Navy.
Steven P. Huber
Brigadier General, US Army
Commanding
It is nice to be recognized. It is nice to feel that I have made an impact for good while here. I feel that I have done my best to serve my country and the Afghan people over this past year. It has been challenging at times and the progress has been slow, but the bottom line is that some progress forward has been made. The Afghan police medical system is just a little more capable and a little more functional than I found it. I am content with my work and am hopeful that my replacement will be able to build on my successes and help the Afghans achieve even more in the future.
So now that the end of tour award is out of the way, I can look forward to the reward I really want...walking safely off that plane in a few weeks and being able to give my Susie, Abbie, Ellie, Eden and Ammon a big hug. See you in a few weeks guys!


6 comments:
Let me be the first "blog commenter" to say - Congratulations and well done!!!!!! We're so proud of you and the important work you've done and we also can't wait 'til you get the award you really want!
Congratulations and we can't wait to have you guys back in Fallon!!
~The Hawkins
Congratulations on a job well done. I love you.
Love, Mom
We're very proud of you and what you've accomplished.
Love,
Dad
that is really cool! congratulations! i must say think the citation forgot to mention one final thing:
"...and he did a good job staying away from treats. sometimes."
ha
ha!
on behalf of my family, job well done! words can't express how grateful we are to you for your service and the sacrifices you have made. we can't wait to visit with you when you get home!
hooah my friend...hooah!
Post a Comment