
Yesterday morning, I said my final goodbye to Camp Stone. As I stood up on the “smoke deck” one last time (no I wasn’t smoking) and looked out at the mountains that surrounded me, I was grateful for the time that I have spent here, the experiences I have had, and the friends that I have made. It has been a long, but good tour. I am glad that I had the experience...I am even more glad that it is nearly over.
I will be traveling for the next ten days. My journeys will take me from Kabul to Bagram to Kuwait to Baltimore and then ultimately home. There is going to be a lot of time spent during this period sitting around, moving in and out of different tents, and moving the five big bags of gear I am carrying with me. However, it is amazing how less inconvenient the process seems compared to a year ago. The difference is that no matter how tedious, slow, and uncomfortable the process, in ten days...I WILL BE HOME!

5 comments:
Hip-hip-hooray; you're finally on your way! Stay safe and we'll see you soon.
Yeah Justin! so happy for you guys- to be finally coming home. Patrick is deployed again and we just learned he is being extended out there. Can't wait to see you guys back in Fallon.... Hopefully on the same street!!!
We are so excited that you will be home soon!!
Congratulations on all you have accomplished the past 15 months. I am grateful you are on your way home. Be safe. I love you.
Love, Mom
Congratulations Justin!! We will all be glad when you get home safely! Make sure you let us know when you are ready to see friend so we can catch up!
Ryan
Post a Comment