I'll be home soon...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 298: Happy Birthday Eden

In the afternoon of March 18, 2005 our little Eden was born. I remember the day well. I was on call. Sue had gone in that morning for her regular prenatal appointment. Her doctor, Dr. Roman, decided to send her up to labor and delivery “to have a baby” rather than send her home--much to Sue’s delight. A few hours later, with the aid of a little medication and a few pushes, Eden became a part of our family.

Four years later, this precious little baby has grown up (a little at least) to become our little “Eedie Beedie” (not sure how to spell that one). I have never seen such a cute, fun, happy, and helpful four year old girl packaged up into such a little body. I love looking at these four pictures. Each one shows her on each of the previous March 18th’s in her life. She is a great sister, mommy’s little buddy, an always excited preschooler, and a reverent little Sunbeam. How blessed we are to have her in our family. How grateful I am to be her father.

Eden, happy birthday! I love you! I miss you!

P.S. Have an extra piece of cake for your daddy.




5 comments:

Sue said...

Aahhhh...she's so stinkin' cute! She'll be excited to see your post. Love you.

Beth said...

We dropped in and saw Ellie, Eden, Ammon and Grandma on Saturday while we were tending Emma, Alan and Logan. That Eden is the cutest little pixie and really is a blessing in your lives and is blessed by wonderful and loving parents. I hope she has a terrific birthday!

Anonymous said...

You certainly have been blessed with beautiful, fun children. We love them all so much. I feel sad you can't be with Eden in person but so grateful for ichat. It was good to see you. I love you.
Love, Mom

djones said...

Wonderful post. Fun to see the four sequential pictures...from year to year. She truly is a beautiful little girl. We love her dearly.
Love,
Dad

djones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.