I'll be home soon...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 304: Happy Birthday Ammon Boy!


Today is Ammon’s second birthday. If all goes as I hope, this will be the last family member’s birthday I will miss due to this deployment. If the stars align just right, I should make it home for Abbie’s birthday in April, when I take my mid-tour leave, and then for Ellie’s in August when this deployment finally comes to an end.

So today, I will unfortunately have to miss the celebration back home as my big guy transitions from the one year-old stage to the wild and crazy two year-old stage. Ammon, probably more than anyone else in my family, has changed during this past year. I look at the pictures of when I left and compare them to what I see over the webcam now and I am amazed at how much he has grown up. I love to hear the new words he has discovered. I love to watch him play with his big sisters. I love that he is a mama’s boy and wants to always climb up on Sue’s lap. I can’t wait to get home to start his basketball training--although, maybe football would better suit the big guy.

Ammon--happy birthday, pal. I can’t wait to see you next month. I love you and I miss you!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy birthday, Ammon! I can't believe how fast he's growing. He's big, but he's a teddy bear and we sure love him. We're sure praying that this is the last family birthday you miss!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post. We, too, hope it's the last birthday you'll miss while away in Afhanistan. We love you lots.
Love, Mom and Dad

Sue said...

Wow...look how serious he is in that first picture.