I'll be home soon...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 200: The True Meaning of Christmas

Well can you believe it...we finally have reached day 200 of this deployment!

Just seeing that “200” made for an exciting day. However, what made the day even more exciting was the package I received in the mail. As many of you know, my family is trying to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, by donating school supplies, clothing and other necessities to Afghan children in Herat. Many of you have also shown interest in the project and have started your own collections. Today’s package was sent from Missouri and is the first I have received for the project. The box was full of shoes, socks, mittens, winter hats, etc. It is always fun to receive a package from home. This one, however, was particularly fun to open as I knew the contents would help keep little toes and ears warm this winter season.


I am still trying to figure out who the package came from today. The last name starts with an “M” and it looks like it came from Missouri. I’d like to figure out who sent it, so I can thank them for the contribution. Regardless, thank you for your willingness to share with others this Christmas and reminding us all of the true meaning of the season.

3 comments:

Beth said...

That's great! Hope that's only the first of many boxes; thanks for giving us a way to help.

Anonymous said...

We'll be sending some packages soon.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

That was from us - You have no idea who we are but I was so thrilled to stumble upon your blog from a friends. We love reading about all your doings on your trip. My kids find it fascinating to see pictures from the other side of the world. There will be more packages coming soon! Thanks for the opportunity to help out in such a small way! Merry Christmas to you and your family - The Millers