I'll be home soon...

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day 215: Merry Christmas


The last time I was away for Christmas it was 1996 and I was on my mission in Argentina. Now twelve years later I am in another part of the world on a different kind of mission. Hopefully this will be my last Christmas away for a long time...hopefully forever.

Today was a rather slow and uneventful day. I think it is normal for days to pass slowly like today did, when you really wish you were somewhere else. I opened a few presents, read a little, worked out, watched part of a movie, and called home to wish my family a Merry Christmas Eve. The snow of last week was melted and rather than a cold and blustery Christmas, we had seventy degree weather. It felt more like spring than winter...although I am not complaining. I’m sure winter will come roaring back within a few days. The dining facility had a nice Christmas dinner and we even had a live band playing in the background. Overall it was a nice and relaxing day. However, I have to admit that I am glad the holiday season is ending and we are moving into 2009...the year I come home!

I hope everyone back home has a very merry Christmas. I miss all of you and am grateful for all the support and encouragement you provide.

8 comments:

Beth said...

I'll be very happy for 2009 to roll around for you guys. We enjoyed being with your cute family on the 23rd at the Mickelsons. I'm glad you had a relaxing day and hope you felt the love of all of us back home who miss you! Merry Christmas!

Sue said...

I love you, honey. Looks like you scored! Here's to 2009...only a few more days. We're gunna have a party to celebrate!

Becky Lewis said...

We are all looking forward to 2009 to happier, healthier times! Our prayers are constantly with you all.

Mike said...

love you man...great talking to you today

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a nice Christmas. We're looking forward to 2009 when you'll be coming home. We love you and miss you.
Love, Mom and Dad

Jon said...

Merry Christmas from California. We love you and can't wait to see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

12/29/08
Happy Birthday Justin! We love you and hope you had a good day.
Love,
Dad and Mom

Hendry Happenings said...

Happy Birthday Mr. JJ. We hope you have a great day!
Love,
The Hendry's