I'll be home soon...

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 213: Nothing To Say

Sometimes inspiration comes...other times it doesn’t. I was sitting here trying to think of something meaningful to write for this post and after several failed attempts I realized why my page remained blank...I really have nothing to say. So I will say nothing. However, yesterday we went out on a convoy and I took a few interesting pictures I wanted to share. Here you go...enjoy.

Wow, it sure takes a lot of words to say that you have nothing to say.


See the kid in this post. No socks...middle of winter...evidence that Sue's Christmas service project is important.


This year my Christmas sleigh ride is being replaced by Christmas humvee rides.


Doesn't it look like I just landed on Mars or another planet? Interesting scenery.


These women in their burkhas are dangerous due to their limited field of vision and the bad habit they have of stepping out in the street without looking.


A view from the back seat of the humvee as we drive through the city.


This is the Blue Mosque. It is one of the largest and most beautiful mosques in all of Herat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting pictures. Dad liked the one of the Blue Mosque the best. Mom thought the Mars picture was cool. We love you very much. Talk to you soon.
Love, Mom and Dad

Sue said...

That does look like Mars! I love all your pictures. I can't wait for the day when we can visit this country as tourists.