This evening, as I was reading the words of the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, I was reminded of the importance good examples can can have in our lives. Let me share with you a few of his words.
“Our primary example is our Savior, Jesus Christ. Jesus labored. Jesus loved. Jesus served. Jesus testified. What finer example could we strive to emulate? Let us begin now, this very night, to do so. Cast off forever will be the old self and with it defeat, despair, doubt and disbelief. To a newness of life we come--a life of faith, hope, courage, and joy. No task looms too large; no responsibility weighs too heavily; no duty is a burden. All things become possible.”

I read these words a number of times tonight. I have thought a lot about what they mean. In this life, given our human nature and imperfections, we will never fully become as the Savior was. His life and his example were perfect. However, as we learn of Him and try to live those things that He taught us, our life can become more full, more happy, more meaningful. I am grateful for the words of the Prophet and the strength they provide me. I am grateful for the Savior and His perfect example.

3 comments:
Thanks for those words. I love you. Call me...NOW!
I, likewise, am so grateful for our Savior and His example. He truly makes all things possible for us, in this life and the next. Nice to hear from you again; hope things are going well. Were you able to catch any of Conference?
I'm grateful for Christ's example, for the scriptures, and the words of the prophet that we can read and reread to give us comfort and peace. Thank you for this nice blog. I love you.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment