It is always nice to be home--even if it is only here. It was especially nice to come home and find that I had not one, not two, but three packages waiting for me.
First, there was a package from my mommy. She sent some treats (notice the return to zero for my no treat tracker), some books, and some other fun stuff. I always like getting stuff from my mom. Somehow it always makes me feel like a kid in elementary school again--you know how you felt when you would open up your lunch and find a note inside. Thanks mom.
Second, there was a package from Sue and the kids. As always the kids sent me some pictures and notes--always a highlight in a package. Sue sent me a mushy love letter which can’t be quoted as this is a family friendly blog (I love you sweetie pie). Also, I was very excited to see that she had sent to me a webcam and headphones so that I could see them every single day--hopefully they won’t get tired of me. Abbie sent me a nice poem. It reads:
A hug for Mom.
A hug for Dad
And one for Sis & Brother.
There’s nothing like a family hug,
To show we love each other.
Pretty good huh? Abbie did you copy that from somewhere? Anyway, it was very sweet and I loved reading it.
Lastly, came a package from Phoenix. I tried to think who I knew from Phoenix and no one came to mind. I was even more intrigued when I noticed it came from an elementary school. As it turns out, our friends, Brynn and Kalvin, have a friend who is a teacher in Phoenix. She had her students write some cards and they sent them to me. It was very thoughtful and I really appreciated it.
So although my welcome home was only a welcome home back to my dust-filled, power constantly going out, it’s freezing and I can’t believe I have to walk outside to go to the bathroom home, the love and thoughtfulness of those back home made me feel a little bit closer to the real thing. Thanks everyone.

3 comments:
Hi Justin. I'm so glad that you're home safe. Are you somehow planning to stay in touch with your students? That would be very cool. Yes, it's always nice to get packages. I can tell you that they are planned and prepared and sent with a great deal of care and attention. Loved the poem. Does this mean that we'll be able to iChat? Let's do it as soon as possible! I'm guessing that it will be late in the evening or early in the morning...which is just fine for us!
Love, Dad
Hi Justin,
I'm sorry we missed your call. We were at the temple. I'm so glad you are back "home" safe and that you came home to packages. I didn't realize you were away for two weeks. I'm glad you like getting "mommy" packages because I want to do something for you. I love you.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment