Today I celebrated my first major holiday away from home. It was good preparation for next month and Christmas. Honestly, the Army did a good job of making it a nice and enjoyable day. We had several activities including a 3 on 3 basketball tournament (my team took 3rd place this time), horseshoes, and a ping pong tournament. What made it even better is that we are still experiencing some unusually warm weather--it is nice to be out in shorts and a t-shirt on Thanksgiving. The food was pretty good and the kitchen staff did a nice job of trying to make it seem as much like home as possible--although, warm homemade rolls and pumpkin pie with whipping cream were noticeably absent.
On this day, I give thanks to my Father in Heaven for the blessings I have. Although I am far from home and am missing all of you, I am grateful for my safety, my family back home, my country, and all the many other things I have been blessed with. I hope you all have a fun and safe Thanksgiving back home...and by the way, someone eat an extra piece of pumpkin pie for me.





9 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving brother...we love you and are grateful for your service!
Justin,
I'll make you a pumpkin pie when you get home. I love you.
Love, Mom
Happy Thanksgiving, Justin! I hope you know how thankful we are for you and your service. Sorry you're missing your pumpkin pie, but it looks like they're trying to take good care of you. We love and pray for you every day.
Hey Justin, this is Kevin. Thank you so much for everything you're doing, and we all miss you a lot! Keep up the good work, and we love you. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Hey, this isn't really Beth again, this is Jacob. Just yesterday I was wearing shorts and short sleeves. So it has been pretty nice over here as well. If it weren't for being in a war and all, your base looks pretty cool. And as for eating an extra piece of pumpkin pie, it won't be me. I hate pumpkin pie. I love you tons and miss you just as much. Stay safe and strong in the church. Lots of Love.
Hey Justin! Just wanted to say thank you for all that you're sacrificing for our country and your family. We love you, and happy Thanksgiving!
I'll try to get Derwin to eat an extra in honor of you, he needs the extra calories. He's tired allot but doing really well considering.
Hi Justin, I just want you to know that we miss you and think about you. We appreciate what you and your family are doing. Your sacrifice blesses us all. I am thankful for you and those who serve with you to keep us all safe and free.
Amy
re: eating a piece of pie for you...done and done and done again.
happy thanksgiving justin!
ps did you know that you are really white? either that or you are standing next to two guys who are really tan.
:)
Post a Comment