These are the sounds that surround me as I am sitting in my hotel waiting for my flight home in the morning. That's right...it is raining and my roof leaks. I am staying at the world renowned Days Inn Airport of Kansas City. Rather than take an early morning shuttle home like I did last month, I was able to arrange for transportation into KC and a stay overnight at a hotel--all for less than the cost of the shuttle to and from the base. It seemed like a great plan. I researched my hotel options. Obviously staying at the Hyatt or Marriott would ruin the financial advantages of my plan. I had to stay at a more "modest" location. So after a little research I decided that the Days Inn was probably going to be a little nicer than the Econo-Lodge. I arrived this afternoon and found perhaps one of the worst hotels I've stayed in my whole life. Now I have stayed in some cheapies before. I remember well the paper-thin walls of the Holiday Motel in West Yellowstone (don't let the name fool you, it was nothing resembling a Holiday Inn). There also were many "hurry and barricade the door and don't turn on the lights or you'll see the rat running across the room" hotels that Sue and I stayed in during our journeys across the country over the past several years. But this one may top them all. To make a long story short, I ended up changing from my original room to a new one. It definitely was a trade up and so I feel like I really can't complain about a little water dripping from the ceiling. At least it is dripping on the floor and not my bed.
Oh well, at least I will be home in the morning. A little leak and a less than desirable hotel is worth the price of getting to spend the next 3 days with my family.

By the way, I did look up on the internet the worst hotels in the United States. A Days Inn in Pennsylvania popped up. So on your next vacation beware of the Days Inn.

3 comments:
Now I just need to talk Travis into taking me on a trip. How does this hotel rate compared to the good old Sea Foam?
Sounds like fun! Hope you guys have a Happy 4th.
Hi! I am Bishop Perazzo's daughter-in-law and I found your blog through your wife's...I just wanted to say Happy 4th of July! Thank you for what you are doing for our country! May God bless and keep you!
Hanna Perazzo
Post a Comment