I'll be home soon...

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 53: Bad Hair Day

As I was sitting waiting to get my haircut today, I was reflecting on all the the bad haircuts I've had in the past. I decided to list the signs that you are in trouble when you sit down in the barber's chair. Listed in no particular order are my top 10...

1) vacuum hose attached to the clippers to suck up the cut hair
2) haircut only costs $6.75
3) sign on wall says "expertise in military haircuts"
4) when you sit in the chair, the stylist promptly turns you around so that you are facing AWAY from the mirror
5) location: any military installation, the MTC, Wal-Mart, cosmetology schools or pretty much anywhere in Fallon, NV
6) your barber is an ex-con and starts telling you stories from when he was in prison (actually, I think I liked that haircut)
7) you need a translator to explain how you want your hair cut (no habla ingles)
8) your stylist only has electric clippers and no actual scissors
9) your barber is someone you have kissed! (just kidding mom and Sue--you guys are great)
10) you decide that you have had one to many bad haircuts and you pull out the clippers to do it yourself

You'll notice I didn't post a picture of my new cut, so I will let you imagine how it turned out. Thanks to all of you for keeping in touch. I will be home from August 6 until August 16 so hopefully I can see many of you then.

4 comments:

djones said...

Your mom said:
That is the funniest blog I've ever read. I'm still laughing as I write this. I think this is a blog I'll read again and again. Thanks for lifting my spirits. I love you.
Love, Mom

djones said...

Your mom said:
I've already read it again and I laughed again. I love you.
Love Mom

djones said...

Hi Justin. I tried to comment earlier but it was blocked by Salt Lake School District. So...here we go again. Like mom, I loved your blog. It was very funny. I liked the first point the best even though turning you away from the mirror was soooo true! Love you lots and think you're the best.

Dad

Anonymous said...

nice! that made me laugh. i will have to get some pointers from sue so i can cut lynn's hair.