I'll be home soon...

Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 47: Attitude Adjustment

President James E. Faust said, "It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."Life has its ups and downs. It has its twists and turns. It is up to us to determine how we will react to the situations or challenges that face us. We can choose to make the best of a situation and try to learn from it, or we can fall into self-pity and despair. A positive attitude can help us cope with anything that life might throw at us.

Over the last few days I have thought a lot about my attitude. There have been a few instances where maybe I haven't had the best attitude in the world or have let some complaining words escape my mouth. Ultimately, I realize later in the day that things always work out and that if I simply would have tried to make the best of something, I probably would have enjoyed it from the start. It is funny how we sometimes make life harder than it really needs to be.

I am grateful for a good run and a talk with my wife to help me get my attitude back in check.


Sorry for the philosophical post. Tomorrow we are going to shoot a grenade launcher so I should be able to give you something a little more exciting to look at.

2 comments:

djones said...

From Mom and Dad...

This is good advice for all of us. Thanks for the uplifting blog.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

nothing like a quote from President Faust and a little grenade launching to take care of a little frustration.

i think i'll go out back and get my grenades ready for tomorrow too.
anyway,
thanks for the perspective, justin. i love the quote. it's very applicable to my life right now.