I'll be home soon...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 59: A Tribute to the Stache

Tom Selleck, Charlie Chaplin, Ghandi, Mr. Miyagi and now me. Like those who preceded me, I am now the proud wearer of a mustache. For just over 2 weeks now my "stache" has been growing and now the hard work is starting to pay off.

Many criticize or stereotype those who choose to wear lip fur. Some say it isn't in style (at least not since the 70's), others say it is dirty (alright I admit it often retains food or other foreign objects), and others say that it resembles one of a variety of different animals. The nicknames are many--cookieduster, pushbroom, flavor saver, soupstrainer, and nose neighbor. But those who dare wear a lip tickler and face the mockery of their friends and loved ones, are rewarded in ways that are difficult to measure.

In honor of those who now wear, or ever have worn a "misplaced eyebrow", I have created the following video:



If you are considering wearing a mustache after reading this blog, I have found a good link showing what you might look like. Abbie volunteered to demonstrate (it was going to be Sue but I was afraid of the possible retaliation).

http://www.petmoustache.com/singing_telegram.html?hash=7d1e473&a=true

3 comments:

djones said...

Your mom and dad said:
Justin you are funny, clever, crazy, smart with computers (as well as just plain old smart), and we think you look great in your stache! We love you.
Love, Dad and Mom

Becky Lewis said...

Abbie,
I LOVE that face with or without the "stache", but let's leave it for the guys.
XO
Aunt Becky

Unknown said...

I can't believe it! I'm 25 and I still can't grow a beard like Abbie.