I tease Sue often about her packing habits. As usual, some of what is written above is slightly exagerated. However, I can honestly say that no one packs more thoroughly than Sue. Ultimately, I am glad that she takes the time to keep us organized and I am awed by how she is able to throw it all together.
Today, I was wishing I had my beautiful wife with me to help me pack. I wasn't just packing for a week or even a month. I was packing for a whole year. It is amazing how much stuff the Army gives you and how little space there is in the few small duffel bags they give you to pack it in. There is the body armor, sleeping bag, seven layers of winter clothes, 4 uniforms, 10 pairs of socks, t-shirts, exercise clothing, bedding, accessories for your weapons, flight jumpsuits, etc. Then there is the stuff I was given that I still haven't figured out what it is used for. Anyway, as the task laid before me, I was wishing I had someone with me who could visualize where to put all this stuff and then magically make it disappear into the bags. I knew Sue could have made it happen. Unfortunately, she wasn't available. So I struggled on my own and somehow, after several hours of pain and agony, I managed to fit it all in. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't as good as Sue would have done...but hey, at least I am going to get some sleep tonight.

3 comments:
I did learn something from our recent "packing" episode, we have far to much "stuff" and I wasn't recalling the need I had envisioned when it was put away.
Hmmmmmm, I think this is a "talent" Sue has and I lack.
GOOD JOB JUSTIN!
As much as I dread packing, I would do it for you if it meant spending a few hours with you...in bed...asleep...while I packed YOUR stuff! Love you.
Your mom said:
Sleep is good. I love you.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment