Well, what more can I say--the picture says it all. When this all started in January we knew the final goodbye would eventually come. Sue and I spent the last 2 weeks pretending it somehow wouldn't come. However, try as we might to wish it away, the day that we had all been dreading came and I left home to start my journey to Afghanistan. There were lots of tears and feelings of sadness. Mostly, there was gratitude for the blessing of an amazing and wonderful family. How lucky I am to have a beautiful wife, 4 incredible children, loving parents and in-laws, supportive brothers (and sisters), aunts, uncles, cousins, neices, nephews, friends, and the list goes on.
A few quick thank you's...
First, thanks to all of the family and friends that have helped Sue and the kids through these first few months. The hardest part of leaving for me, is worrying about those I leave behind. It is such a helpless feeling to be away and not be able to step in when I am needed at home. Many of you have already stepped in to fill the void and helped Sue and the kids in so many ways. I won't list names because there are too many of you. But sincerely, thank you. One of my greatest comforts is knowing that my family will be watched over and loved while I am away.
Second, thanks for all of your prayers. I know that many prayers are offered on my behalf on a daily basis. I know that we have a Father who hears these prayers and that they are recognized. There is nothing that makes me feel more safe and secure than knowing that those who love me most are pleading with our Heavenly Father for my safe return.
To my three beautiful princesses and my little man...I love you and miss you. Seeing your faces and hearing your voices, keeps me motivated to keep going. You guys are the best! I am so blessed to be your Dad.
To my Susie...Hang in there! What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger right? I think of those crazy days back at Branbury when you decided that you wanted to marry me. I'm still amazed that you chose me (I guess my amazing looks didn't hurt). We have had many adventures since and this is just the latest of many more adventures to come. I am grateful to be passing through this journey with you--I wouldn't choose another. I love you so much and am so grateful that you will be mine forever.

7 comments:
That was almost too hard to read, but very sweet and beautiful; I'm sitting here with tears falling on my keyboard! We all love you and your family like crazy. It was so good seeing you all last week. With all the prayers being offered daily for you guys, things can't help but turn out well, despite the struggles you'll face being apart. Let us know whenever there's anything we can do for you or your family.
I clicked your picture to enlarge it and started to cry once I saw little Ammon on the floor! How sad! What a sweet family you have! We miss you guys and think of you often!
Good Luck!
Hey, son. Thanks for the wonderful blog and many special comments. We so enjoyed the few minutes we had at the airport with you yesterday. I felt so bad that you had to leave Sue and the kids. It was special how you spent time with each of them. Your genuine love for each one was obvious. They're very lucky to have you for a dad. I'm very proud of you. You're very dear to me and I couldn't ask for a better son.
Love, Dad
That picture says it all. You will be greatly missed, Justin. I have a feeling you will be needed where you are going. I wish I could go for you. Some how it doesn't seem fair that we can enjoy the comforts of home while you have to be so far away. I am very proud of you and your many accomplishments but I'm most proud of you as a person. Thank you for your good example. I love you and I know Heavenly Father loves you. He will bless and help you. We will do all we can for your family while you are gone.
Love, Mom
wow. way to make the tears fall. that picture of your family just breaks my heart.
no doubt they love and care about you. we do too. Godspeed.
The pic with Ammon in it is TRAGIC!!!
Seeing your babies crying like that just made me cry so much. Good luck and we will be praying for your safe return.
Post a Comment