Remember when I wrote about my 3 extra days at home last week? The Navy was nice enough to extend our leave home a few days while they finalized our flight plans to Afghanistan. So instead of returning on August 16th, I was able to stay in Utah until August 19th.
At that time I didn't realize I would be given 3 extra days again. That is right. We were given 3 extra days here at Ft. Riley. Our flight plans keep changing and consequently we keep waiting. First we were scheduled to leave on Thursday. Then they had to reschedule for Saturday. Now it looks like we will be leaving on Sunday. Three extra days to sit around, eat, sleep, work out, read, pack, and sleep some more. I shouldn't complain--most people would call this vacation. I just wish my second 3 extra days could have spent at home rather than in Kansas.
Assuming I leave Sunday, I should arrive in Afghanistan by Tuesday. The tentative plan is to fly from Kansas to Ireland to Kyrgystan to Afghanistan. I will keep you posted as I can along the journey--that is if we ever leave Kansas.
I'll be home soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What are you going to do? A day here, a day there doesn't mean much to the Navy. To those away from home it's something important. I miss you and love you. Again you've written another fun blog.
Love you, Mom
I'm sorry you can't be home for all this down time... but I sure am grateful that Mike has some quality company for a few extra days. ;) Keeping you, Sue, and your munchkins in our prayers.
I'M GONNA TOTALLY MAKE MY MOM BRING US DOWN TO SEE YOU.
Post a Comment