
Today I flew from Herat to Bagram Air Field (near Kabul). The reason for my trip...no it isn’t a top secret mission or a personal visit to President Karzai...rather I came for a dental appointment. That’s right, there is no jumping in the Humvee and running down the street to visit the dentist in Herat. Instead, you have to get on a plane and fly to the Capitol in order to see an American dentist. I could have had an Afghan dentist take care of the problem--I chose to fly across the country. I’ll let you know tomorrow if I made the right choice.
Here are some pictures from the days journey.

This is a huge tank of highly flammable liquid oxygen that sat right in front of me the whole flight. Good thing they have a no smoking policy.





By the way, the answer to my question yesterday was India. The others were probably obvious except maybe China--it has only a small segment that borders Afghanistan.

2 comments:
Beautiful pictures! Hope the trip to the dentist went well.
Those were amazing mountains. Range after range after range. How beautiful. It's interesting how mountains look "blue" in pictures. Hope things go well at the dentist. Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment