I'll be home soon...

Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 43: Blue Light Special

The only thing I have enjoyed about being deployed is that I do not have to go shopping. As Sue will attest, shopping is not my favorite activity. She claims I get grumpy when we go shopping (I know, I don't believe her either). However, I will admit that I can think of a lot of things I would rather do than hit the mall on a Friday evening. Today we went shopping. However we weren't shopping for diapers or baby wipes. We were picking up Humvee's and machine guns--a little more exciting than my usual shopping trip. As you will see below, my shopping cart is filled with numerous large weapons that we will be using during the remainder of our training. Over the remaining four weeks of training, we will start doing more "GI Joe" stuff such as riding around in convoys, shooting all kinds of weapons, learning to clear buildings and houses, etc. It definately will be things that I am not very familiar with. It should be interesting.

I love shopping!
These will be my team's 3 vehicles over the next 4 weeks. They are all Humvees of different varieties (I know the picture makes them look similar but they are quite different). I will principally be driving in the middle vehicle.
Our first real convoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom said:
That is different shopping! Love you.
Love, Mom

Sariah Hartley said...

I love the first pic.!

Hendry Happenings said...

I know that I have said this before, but you are a doctor. I never pictured you carrying a weapon!