I'll be home soon...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 109: Adraskan

Today I left base to go on a site visit down to Adraskan. Adraskan is a small town about an hour south of Herat. It was the longest drive I have been on yet and it gave me a chance to see a little more of the countryside and the people. I went and visited a small clinic they have at a police training facility just outside of the city. It was a nice and uneventful trip. I thought you might enjoy some of the scenery. Sorry if some of the pictures are blurry (driving fast) or appear smudged (dirty windows).










11 comments:

Beth said...

I'd say those photos are great; I would have never known you took them from inside your vehicle. Glad you had a safe, uneventful trip!

djones said...

Justin, you're definitely expanding your horizons. Love the picture of the boy with the wheelbarrow. Not a lot of vegetation for the cattle (those were cows, right?). Be careful.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Uncle Justin!
I love your pictures. Somehow, the countryside there kinda reminds me of Utah. It is dry and sagebrush-ish. I love you

Tacy

Sue said...

I love the boy with the bike. He looks so proud/surprised that you would want to take a picture of him. I love it! Keep taking pictures--they're really good, and you'll be so glad you have them later on. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I enjoyed the pictures. I love you.
Love, Mom

Becky Lewis said...

Starr wants to know if there is more sand?

Kristin and Guy said...

Great pix, Justin. Love keeping up w/ya. Glad you're there and safe!

Unknown said...

wow! there's like...nothing. how do the animals stay alive? what do they graze on? i love the pictures of the kids.

Unknown said...

wow! there's like...nothing. how do the animals stay alive? what do they graze on? i love the pictures of the kids.

mkamye said...

Sort of looks like Nevada. Great pics, especially considering you took them in a moving vehicle!

jules said...

It's so hard to believe you're living in such a different world from us! It is so interesting to see a little of what it's like there! Keep safe! love, auntie Julie