I'll be home soon...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 113: Rise and Shout

One thing I have missed since leaving Utah to go to med school, is being able to regularly watch BYU and Jazz games. Occasionally something will make it to national TV, but normally I have to settle for checking out the score on the internet. Well imagine my surprise today, when I walked into the cafeteria and saw BYU football on TV. It is one thing to see a BYU game while living in D.C., California, or Nevada. However, to catch a game in Afghanistan...now that’s a miracle if you ask me. I sat down and watched as BYU destroyed UCLA during the second quarter. It reminded me of the glory days of old.


Next week I am going to head to the cafeteria to catch the game early. Although, BYU vs. Wyoming...yea, I don’t think even a miracle could bring that game to Afghan airwaves.

6 comments:

Becky Lewis said...

Justin,
You can get BYU-TV on the internet. It can be live or you can play a pre-recorded program. I'm sure you knew that though.
Becky & Derwin

Sue said...

Wow...we couldn't even get it here. I discovered why everyone gets directv--they carry "the mtn." (dish does not). Bummer, eh?!

djones said...

Easily forgotten in all this hubbub about the Cougars is the fact that the University of Utah is undefeated and nationally-ranked! Go Utes! Maybe they'll show the UofUvsAirForce next week. Check it out.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! BYU in Afghanistan! I love You.
Love. Mom

Beth said...

Go Cougars!!! Glad you got to catch the game; I hope there'll be more.

Jon said...

A miracle won't even bring next weeks game to Southern California... Go COUGARS!!