This morning a few of us jumped into a helicopter and headed down to a police recruit in-processing event. The Italians gave us a ride and it was the best chopper ride I have ever had--although I must admit it is the only one I have ever had. We weaved in and out through the mountains, guns mounted and doors open, while villages passed below us. It was neat to see the country from 100 yards up. I was surprised at how many villages were hidden in small canyons and how many sheep and goats were out grazing. It was a different perspective then I would have ever gotten from sitting in a Humvee.
I think the pictures show things best...enjoy.



















9 comments:
I'm so glad you're safe. Now if they would only fix the stinkin' internet so we could see your face...arrr!
Love you.
How were you able to post this? I'm hoping this means they DID fix the internet.
Justin,
Cool pictures. It's amazing how arid and barren this land looks. It's interesting how the houses seemed to blend into the landscape. Did you buckle up? We're glad you had a safe trip.
We love you and miss you.
Love,
Mom and Dad
The kids asked why they live in sandcastles.
Those houses look just like the model of Jerusalem I made in Primary when I was a Right Way Pilot, or something like that (yes, I know, you've never heard of Right Way Pilot because I'm much older than you, but trust me, there was such a class). It's very interesting. Thanks for sharing and thanks for staying safe!
those are really cool pictures!
i'm glad you didn't fall out. flying with an open door sounds scary. did you get woozy? and seriously, what do those grazing animals eat?
sand?
Justin - I'm sure Jon feels the same as you - he would LOVE to fly in a helicopter. I, on the other hand would be terrified. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love the pictures.
Amazing pictures.
Justin! Two questions, 1) did you really take these pictures yourself? You are professional photographer material. 2) Does it ever rain?
Rafa (your favorite Argentine in the whole wide world)
Post a Comment