I'll be home soon...

Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 12: Missing my baby girl


A lot happened today. We finally moved down to our official training site (Camp Funston), we received our weapons, and we formally were oriented to life in the Army. However, I will update you on that stuff later this weekend. Tonight I want to talk about one of my special princesses--Ellie.

I just got off a webcam chat with Sue and the kids. Ellie was in tears and very sad because she missed her daddy. Now maybe it was the 103 degree fever that pushed her to it, but seeing my sweet 4 year old in tears because she missed her daddy was very hard for me. I wished I could just reach through the computer and give her a big hug. There have been a few moments during the past 2 weeks that have reminded me of how much I am and will be missing my family, but this was a particularly powerful moment. For those of you that know Ellie, you know how much energy and how much "fun" she can be. She is a sweet, beautiful girl and I love her a lot.

Ellie--I miss you too and I can't wait until the next time I get to hug you, tuck you into bed and read you a story. I will see you soon.

2 comments:

Sue said...

She loved seeing her picture here. She really does love & miss you. You should hear all the kids sweet prayers at night...you are definitely a focal point.

Beth said...

Justin, you made me cry (admittedly not a hard thing to do!) You do have the sweetest kids and they're blessed to have you and Sue for parents. Your barrack reminds me of "Beetle Bailey" - hope you're surviving that.