I'll be home soon...

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 21: Happy Father's Day

Happy Father’s Day!

I guess every vacation must come to an end. It was so great to come home and spend the weekend with my family. It was especially nice to be home with my kids on Father’s Day. What a blessing it is to be a father. I am always amazed that my Heavenly Father trusts me with four of his most precious little children. Abbie, Ellie, Eden and Ammon--thanks for letting me be your daddy. To my dad--thanks for always showing me an example of how a father should be. I love you.

My kids gave me a “World’s Greatest Dad” t-shirt for Father’s Day. They very appropriately picked out the camouflage version. I received numerous compliments on my shirt on my way back to Kansas. Thanks kids. Sue also had several presents for me and as always made my feel appreciated and loved. It was a great Father’s Day. The only downside was that it was cut short by a 1:30 PM flight back to Kansas. I just arrived back and am looking forward to the next 3 weeks--or at least looking forward to them flying by, so that I can go home again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Justin! Hope you had a great weekend with your family!

Mrs. Jen said...

Happy Father's Day Justin, I love reading your blog. You are doing an awesome job keeping it up and its alot of fun to read. Thats great that you got to come home and spend time with Sue and the kids. Enjoy it. Sue and I both have a month down. Hope the time away is flying for you. We miss you guys so much next door. Take Care.
Jen

Anonymous said...

Your mom said:
I am so glad you got to be home with your beautiful family. Happy Father's Day to a great father. (I think you take after your wonderful father.) I love you.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin. Tacy just showed me your blog. Very cool. I have enjoyed reading it. Your a good man and you and your family are in our prayers everyday. Well, I should say every prayer. The kids are very good to not forget you.
Love, Tracy

Sariah Hartley said...

Happy Father's day!