Here is a quick multiple choice question:
You are sick and throwing up. You go to the ER for treatment. Given the choice, who would you NOT have put in your IV?
A. The nurse
B. The physician assistant
C. The doctor
D. Some random person in the waiting room
This is actually a trick question--there are two possible answers. The answer is either C or D. Choose the nurse or anyone other than the doctor. Physicians tend to be good at many procedures but IV's are often not one of our strengths. So if you see the doctor coming towards you with an IV you may want to hide.
Today as part of our classes we all put in IV's. We each took a turn putting one in and receiving one. I wisely chose the ICU nurse as my counterpart as he is the expert in IV placement. I actually did better than expected when it was my turn to put in the IV and was able to place it on the first stick. Maybe, doctors aren't so bad at putting in IV's after all...or maybe not.
I'll be home soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Your mom said:
Wow, they are really giving you guys a wide range of training. That's good. You look cute in brown. I love you.
Love, Mom
JJ
Who takes all of these pictures of you? Personal photographer... or did Sue sneak along? Kids with the grandparents? Some kind of kinky gettaway for you both?
I still don't believe you're in the military. Haven't seen you in uniform with my own beady little eyes. These pics could all be photoshopped, easy.
At ease!
Trav
Trav obviously has not been following your blog very closely. Abbie still thinks the guns in your pictures are water guns.
Wow! I would not want to be a guinea pig for any of those things! Although your last post with a tube down the nose would be much worse!
Hope that you and your fam are doing well! The Brummett's!
Post a Comment