Let me tell you a quick story. Once upon a time there was a boy who was busy going to school. He was happy with life but something was missing. One day a beautiful girl moved into his apartment complex. This was the most amazing, incredible, hot girl he had ever met and he really wanted to get to know her better. However, this girl was a man hater. The boy just happened to be her home teacher and when he would go visit her he would hear of all the wrongs committed by the male species against her. The boy was scared. He wanted to ask her out but he was afraid to because he of course was a man. The boy waited. He dated several other young ladies but still he longed to take out "the girl". Finally, he mustered up the courage to ask her out. To his surprise, she said yes. Not only did she say yes, she acted excited. Unfortunately the first date had to be canceled due to scheduling conflicts. However, soon thereafter a date was scheduled. It went well. Again the boy was surprised because she seemed happy to be with him. The days went by blissfully as the girl and boy started dating. Before long the boy and girl decided to marry. Two months later they looked into each others eyes at the temple and were married. Eight years have now passed. The boy still loves the girl. The girl amazingly still loves the boy. They have 4 beautiful children. The boy is eternally grateful for his girl and glad that she decided that men are okay after all.
Happy Anniversary honey. I love you and miss you.
On an unrelated note...Today was my first chance to attend Church since I have been away. I went to a ward in Manhattan, KS. As is the case everywhere, people were great and made us feel welcome. There are 2 LDS members in my class--myself and an ER doctor from San Diego. I just contacted the LDS service member group leader in Afghanistan. I found out that as of now, there are no other known members in Herat (this is the name of the base where I am headed). So I will enjoy the membership of others for now, because I may soon be on my own.
I'll be home soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Happy Anniversary Justin and Sue! You Guys are an awesome couple! I miss you guys!
Happy Anniversary Justin - loved reading about the boy and girl.
Love, Mom and Dad in Murrieta
I don't know if I'm touched or offended. This is obviously the boy's version of the story (which is horribly inaccurate in parts). I'll have to blog my side sometime. Regardless, I love you sweetie! Happy Anniversary!
Sue had been waiting for just the right "man" for so many years...perfection is what you must have been to snag her up. Many were sadly turned away and unsuccessful.
ok. maybe near perfection! :0)
You guys are such a good look'n pair.
Watch out. You are going from High Council to Branch President!
Post a Comment