I'll be home soon...

Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 26: Car Covers on Tanks?

Typically I think of tanks as kind of the ultimate armored vehicle. Nothing can touch them in battle and they are designed to withstand the elements--whether it be torrential rain or fierce desert sandstorms. Well I never thought I would see the day when the Army started covering its tanks with a car cover. However, the proof is below.


Ok, this isn't actually a true tank. It is called an M20 armored vehicle (kind of like a mini tank). However, it is a pretty tough vehicle. Every evening they cover it up with a little tank cover. Cute, eh? I guess the Army is getting a little soft these days.

Here is another picture of an M4 tank. These were used heavily during World War 2. Tanks are pretty big here at Ft. Riley. In fact most of my training while I am here is being done by an Army tank brigade. I figured since their job is to drive tanks around they might be willing to give us a quick ride in one of them before we left Kansas. I asked today and was basically told in Army lingo, "don't hold your breath". Oh well, it was worth asking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Mom and Dad...

We missed not ichatting with you today. It was great to read your blog. We love you.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Mrs. Jen said...

Hey- You never know if you don't ask!!!!!! no harm in asking!!!!! Hey I wouldn't give up, as with everything Military, it changes day by day. It may be a yes tomorrow! after all you are going over "there" for awhile, they could at least give you guys a lift on a tank. Take care
:) smiles from Fallon

P.S. Patrick is in Hong Kong- We are trying out the whole webcam deal- wish us luck - have't seen him in a month.