I'll be home soon...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 28: Blessings from a Father

On a daily basis as we go about our lives, I think we often miss much of the beauty that is around us. Our Father has given us so much. We sometimes are blinded by the worries, struggles, and stressors that we have, that the blessings often are overlooked. I have now been on Ft. Riley for 3 weeks and until tonight I don't think I really stopped to notice the beauty that surrounded me. As I walked around the camp tonight, I was impressed by the love our Heavenly Father has for us his children. He has given us this beautiful world to bless our lives and help us find happiness. President Monson said, “Do we give thanks to God 'for his unspeakable gift' and His rich blessings so abundantly bestowed upon us?” I hope as this upcoming week begins, I will focus more on what I have been given and be more grateful for those amazing gifts that I have.

Here are some pictures from my walk this evening.








6 comments:

Sue said...

Babe, those pictures are REALLY good! We should ditch the doctor thing and open up a studio. I love you!

Hendry Happenings said...

I am so impressed with your photo taking abilities. It actually made me want to visit!

Sariah Hartley said...

You are a really good photographer! ( and those are my kinda pics.:) I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Your mom said:
Very good blog and great pictures. It would do us all good to look at our many blessing. Thank you for the reminder. I love you
Love, Mom

Beth said...

Those are great photos, Justin. I never knew Kansas was so pretty! We all need a good reminder to see and acknowledge the blessings the Lord gives us everyday. Keep up the good work and we'll see you next week!

Hazembullers said...

Justin, these pics are very insightful. They really make you stop and look around to see what's beautiful around you. Thanks for your thoughts.

Rafa & Co.