I'll be home soon...
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Day 25: 10-4 Good Buddy
Imagine a bunch of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and other relatively well educated individuals learning how to work a radio. Should be pretty simple, right? Well guess again. Today we started our 3 day communications class. We have 4-5 different radio systems that we are learning how to use. We not only learn how to use the systems but how to tie them together and then encrypt the transmissions so that they are secure and can't be interfered with by the enemy. It was actually pretty fun to pull them out and get our hands dirty so to speak. However, they are surprisingly complicated. Once I arrive in Afghanistan I will be going off base regularly for missions. I have been told that I will often be asked to be the radio guy. So I am trying to pay pretty close attention.

Here are a few of my colleagues. In front is a pharmacist heading to Kabul. In the rear is a medical administrator who will be joining me in Herat. In my group we are the only 2 heading to Herat. By the way, what do you think of their haircuts? I am considering a similar look. Let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
It is pretty stylish right now, and does seem to run in the Leavitt family anyway--so why not join the ranks. You might scare your kids though.....
It is pretty stylish right now, and does seem to run in the Leavitt family anyway--so why not join the ranks. You might scare your kids though.....
It is pretty stylish right now, and does seem to run in the Leavitt family anyway--so why not join the ranks. You might scare your kids though.....
Your mom said...
I would keep a little hair. You are so handsome.
Love,
Mom
P.S. Dad said..."I agree."
Good job on making your blog entertaining. I get sucked right in every time I check it. Maybe that's bad I almost cried on all the videos of people's reactions to you coming home.
SHAVE IT OFF !!!!!! :) just think NO maintence! It will grow back before you get home to Sue and the kids right.....
Patrick is growing a mustache to see what it looks like while floating on the boat!
Hey, Justin, you look like a natural with your "communication device"! As far as the hair goes, though, I'm not sure you're ready to join the "bald Leavitts" quite yet! We love and miss you. Keep up the good work and we'll see you on the 4th!
DR. Jones:
Just a quick note to say thanks for letting everyone know about your blog. Its nice to see how you're doing and how your training is going. Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you have a great deployment. All my best...
HM2 Matt "Elvis" Edens
NSAWC Medical
Post a Comment