Children don't realize the love of their parents until they become parents themselves. I think of my children and how much I love them. I think of how much I miss them now that I am away. I was blessed to have a wonderful mother. She has always been such a great example to me. As I have started this deployment process, I have noticed my mom's worry and anxiety for her little boy. I sometimes forget that in her eyes, she probably still sees the little guy I used to be. She's seen me succeed and fail. She has been there in good times and bad. She has always been supportive and loving. How grateful I am for a mother who loves me!
Today we got together for pizza and games at my mom and dad's home. No one knew I was in Utah and so it was fun to surprise everyone. It was especially exciting to surprise my mom. I think you will enjoy her reaction. Love you mom.
I'll be home soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Your mom's reaction was the best thing ever! I'm so glad you got to come home for Father's Day; what a blessing - and the 4th of July is not far away. We miss you and remember you in our prayers.
Your mom said:
I cried when I read this blog. We were certainly blessed with wonderful sons. What a pleasure and honor to be your mother. Thank you for all the nice things you wrote in this blog and thank you for being an awesome son. I love you. Thank you for a wonderful Saturday.
Love,
Mom
I barely know your mom and that was still pretty funny! :)
Sue knew that was going to be a great reaction. I love how your Mom is "jumping rope"!
Post a Comment